Managing a hotel is always a tough task. There are daily problems and hotel managers need to be up on their toes to find the solution to these problems and do it fast. At times, it is the demands of the guests that keep the staff busy and other times it’s management of the hotel property that needs constant attention and supervision. Through all this, savvy hotel managers use every technology available to them so that they can be ahead of the curve and solve issues with lightning speed.
The world of hotel management underwent a revolution with more hotels using web-based hotel PMS to manage their properties. From small hotels with only a number of rooms to large chain hotels with properties in different time zones, hotel software offers unique solutions for properties of all sizes. As hotels made their move from legacy hotel PMS to cloud based management solutions, the teams also learned how to make the best use of software to improve their services and offer the best staying experience to guests. Here are some of the benefits of cloud hotel management software as compared to legacy on-site PMS
- Robust data security in the cloud
- Ease of access from multiple devices
- User friendly and easy to learn
- Affordable compared to legacy PMS
- Easy to scale along with the business
- Highly customizable
- Around the clock customer service
- Works with third party software
Simply put, the features offered by the cloud hotel software are nothing less than futuristic. Users are able to customize the software to suit their needs and hotels can also purchase only the features they need. This allows smaller hotels to save money and get a one-of-a-kind software suite that is created to fit their requirements.
Let’s take a quick look at how cloud software can help hotels to increase their bookings, increase customer satisfaction, and improve the performance of their staff.
- Branding Options – When guests visit a hotel website for booking a hotel, seeing the hotel’s branding on the booking page can make a positive impression on the guests. Along with that, hotels can also use their branding on the payment processing system to build a good reputation in the minds of guests that they are dealing with a trustworthy business. With a memorable branding in form of colors and logos, hotels can create fantastic brand recall in the minds of guests that can help them in getting word-of-mouth publicity.
- A Better Experience for Guests – With a cloud hotel management software, hotels can collect important data about their guests. The data such as meal preference, room location choice, stay duration or any special requests can be used to provide guests with a personalized experience every time they choose a hotel from the brand’s chain. For guests traveling for business purposes, the hotel can provide conference rooms, faster WiFi, and airport pick and drop as additional services to make their stay memorable.
- Improved Front Desk Operations – Hotel software allows the front desk staff to speed up their tasks by automating various parts of their workflow. A dashboard gives the staff quick access to room inventory, check-in, check-outs, pending reservations, housekeeping requirements, and much more. Staff can also customize the dashboard as per their requirements to ease their workflow. With a cloud PMS, guests also spend less time at the front desk as all their details are already in the system and they can simply go to their room once they reach the hotel.
- Real-Time Updates – As the hotel software is backed by the cloud, all updates to the inventory and room rates happen in real time. Real time updates prevent any instances of double booking or overbooking of the hotel rooms on busy days. Real time information synchronization also allows the hotel to offer the best prices of the rooms to the guests.
- Secure Payment Processing – For guests, security of their payment information is a top priority. Cloud hotel management software comes with built-in payment processing that is highly secure so that any third parties can’t access the financial information. The cloud PMS can also work with third party payment processing vendors so that guests have ample choice of payment gateways.
- Housekeeping Management – Another benefit of using a cloud Hotel PMS is that the housekeeping staff can get instant alerts on their phones as soon as a room is vacated by the guests. Managers can also assign tasks to guests through a unified dashboard and the staff can tick off tasks as soon as they are done cleaning the room. Housekeeping staff can also request inventory items they need from their mobile devices with ease.
Finding the ideal hotel software is a must for any hospitality business. Using the right software can make a world of difference in how the hotel is managed and how efficiently every task in the hotel is completed. Managers need to take a look at the features of the software to decide which software would be most ideal for their purposes.
At mycloud Hospitality, hotel managers can access an award-winning software suite that is used by hotels in more than 40 countries. The team behind the software has many years of experience in the field of hospitality management and the software is designed with the end-user in mind. With a short learning curve and ample scope for customization, the software is a great option for hospitality businesses of all sizes. Whether you are managing a multi-chain hotel or a small B&B, you can use this software to take your business to the next level.
Excited to see what mycloud Hospitality can do for your hotel property? Schedule a demo today by calling +1-415-390-5039. You can also learn more about the software suite by browsing through https://www.mycloudhospitality.com/.